--:-- • --:--Пример экскурсии
The elongated yellow building situated across from the Tsar Cannon is known as “Building 14”. It's the offices of the Presidential Administration of Russia. Until 1935 it housed the Military Academy of the All-Russia Central Executive Committee, known as VTsIK.
The front entrance of the building faces towards the Tainitsky Garden, from where it's seen by only a handful of visitors.
The building that's now the Presidential Administration was built in this neoclassical style, on the site of two monasteries that were pulled down by Bolsheviks in 1929 – the Chudov Monastery and the Voznesensky Monastery, and also the site of the former Lesser Nicholas Palace. It was built in 1934 and named the Military Academy Of The All-Russia Central Executive Committee. It was the USSR's first purpose-built college for military officers. However, the school failed to hang onto such a desirable address for long, and was soon shunted off elsewhere. Just four years later the Praesidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR took possession of the building. Later they even tried to install a Kremlin Theatre here, but the idea was abandoned in 1961 when it became clear that the building & location was entirely unsuitable.
The “Building 14” is currently in use by the Presidential Administration Staff – specifically the Press Office and Protocol Department, and Foreign Policy staff. The building also houses the President's second main office. The office area of “Building 14” is adjoined by the Marble Hall, where the President holds the annual Meeting of the Federal Assembly.
Moscow Kremlin is a historic fortified complex at the heart of Moscow, overlooking the Moskva River to the south, Saint Basil's Cathedral and Red Square to the east, and the Alexander Garden to the west. It is the best known of Kremlins (Russian citadels) and includes five palaces, four cathedrals, and the enclosing Kremlin Wall with Kremlin towers. The complex serves as the official residence of the President of the Russian Federation. It is also open-air museum. Tourists can just walk outdoors there or can visit cathedrals, Big Kremlin Palace and the Armory Chamber. The Kremlin Museums were established in 1961 and the complex was among the first Soviet patrimonies inscribed on the World Heritage List in 1990.
The site has been continuously inhabited since the 2nd century BC, and originates from a Vyatich fortified structure on Borovitsky Hill where the Neglinnaya River flowed into the Moskva River. Up to the 14th century, the site was known as the 'grad of Moscow'. The grad was greatly extended by Prince Yuri Dolgorukiy in 1156, destroyed by the Mongols in 1237 and rebuilt in oak in 1339. Later in 1366–1368Dmitri Donskoy replaced the oak walls with a strong citadel of white limestone on the basic foundations of the current walls. This fortification withstood a siege by Khan Tokhtamysh.
Grand Prince Ivan III organised the reconstruction of the Kremlin, inviting a number of skilled architects from Renaissance Italy who designed the new Kremlin wall and its towers, and the new palace for the prince. It was during his reign that three extant cathedrals of the Kremlin, the Deposition Church, and the Palace of Facets were constructed. The highest building of the city and Muscovite Russia was the Ivan the Great Bell Tower, built in 1505–08. The Kremlin walls as they now appear were built between 1485 and 1495. During the Time of Troubles, the Kremlin was held by the Polish forces for two years, between 21 September 1610 and 26 October 1612. The Kremlin's liberation by the volunteer army of Prince Dmitry Pozharsky and Kuzma Minin paved the way for the election of Mikhail Romanov as the new czar. During his reign and that of his son Alexis, the eleven-domed Upper Saviour Cathedral, Armorial Gate, Terem Palace, Amusement Palace and the palace of Patriarch Nikon were built. During the Imperial period, from the early 18th and until the late 19th century, Kremlin walls were traditionally painted white, in accordance with the time's fashion. During the Soviet period the Chudov Monastery and Ascension Convent, with their 16th-century cathedrals, were dismantled to make room for the military school and Palace of Congresses. The Little Nicholas Palace and the old Saviour Cathedral were pulled down as well. Now the plans of the government are to restore those lost masterpieces. And probably soon the Kremlin will return all its former buildings.