--:-- • --:--Пример экскурсии
For many years now Kolomenskoye has hosted Russia’s largest outdoor music festival, Afisha Picnic. The Afisha is a fashionable magazine dedicated to leisure and entertainment. Every summer, the Afisha organises a large concert featuring its musician friends. Every year, the Festival in Kolomenskoye is attended by about 50 thousand people. Concerts are held every day, one by one. Afisha Picnic guests can enjoy some activities. They can read non-fiction books at the libraries opened by reputed publishing houses, fly kites, engage in pillow fights, ride weird home-made bicycles, and go skateboarding and roller-skating. For outdoor activities, special grounds are available. Guests can dance in one part of Kolomenskoye and play table tennis in the other. On festival days, people can play lots of sports in the park. Food is also abundant and diverse. Famous Moscow restaurants organise their picnics in this area. As for shopping opportunities, fashionable dress hand-made clothing, toys, and accessories are available.
In different years, the Picnic stage saw prominent Russian and foreign performers. On the concert day, (usually in late July - early August) they show films and put on live art performances in Kolomenskoye. The Afisha Picnic in Kolomenskoye has become the best place for spending summer holidays within the city. The main thing of these events is the atmosphere created by hundreds of organisers. For one day, Kolomenskoye turns into an ideal place where nobody works but has fun. The main stage is located opposite a hill slope and everyone can see and hear what is going on perfectly well. If you feel like going on a picnic over here, please bring a rug and a beach towel along!
In September 2011, Kolomenskoye saw its first historical re-enactment festival called ‘Times and Epochs. Medieval Russia as Seen with Your Own Eyes’. It was dedicated to the ancient Russian culture. The first festival was attended by guests from all over Russia and many Western countries. History clubs, which exist in nearly every country, were pleased to show their skills, costumes, and arms. During the festival, it was funny watching girls dressed in ancient attires speaking over their mobile phones. However, it was rather more interesting to see working potters, joiners, weavers, and blacksmiths. This festival is planned to become an annual event.
In the summer season, they organise different water shows in Kolomenskoye. Near the Moskva River pier, one can see now an anchored fleet of historical ships now a row of pleasure boats. On Russian Navy Day, celebrated on the last Sunday of July, such entertainment events as concerts and light shows take place in this area. In addition, the Kolomenskoye Museum organises water and beach events on Moscow Day, celebrated on the first Sunday of September.
In summer, Kolomenskoye hosts numerous concerts and festivals. Festivals for songwriters who sing their own songs have been held here for some years now. On the slope of a hill, listeners enjoy performances by poet singers rain or shine. Moscow summers can sometimes be rainy and cold, but concerts are never cancelled on that account. On the festival day, people with guitars can be seen not only onstage. Friends get together in small groups having their own sing-alongs in gardens and by the river. In August, people like to visit this place for such grand occasions as Saviour of the Honey Feast Day and Saviour of the Apple Feast Day. Moreover, every Sunday in the summer season, environmental festivals and many other programmes are very popular in Kolomenskoye.
Kolomenskoye is a nice park and a former royal estate situated several kilometers to the southeast of the city center of Moscow, on the ancient road leading to the ancient picturesque town of Kolomna (hence the name).
The area overlooks the steep banks of the Moskva River. This fact will allow you to do a lot of great panoramic photos. This is also a place where seasonal folk festivals take place: honey and handicrafts trade-fairs, religious festivities and processions. If you fond of painting, this is the right place for drawing nature, city landscapes and churches.
The area is rich with cafes and restaurants offering traditional Russian cuisine in wooden houses. Try Russian pan-cakes with different filling, small and big pies, and honey cakes.
Kolomenskoye village was first mentioned in the testament of Ivan Kalita in 1339. As time went by, the village was developed as a favourite country estate of grand princes of Muscovy. The earliest existing structure is the exceptional Ascension church (1532), built in white stone to commemorate the long-awaited birth of an heir to the throne, the future Ivan the Terrible. Being the first stone church of tent-like variety, the uncanonical "White Column" (as it is sometimes referred to) marked a stunning break from the Byzantine tradition.
Recognizing its outstanding value for humanity, UNESCO decided to inscribe the church on the World Heritage List. The estate was one of the favourite places for Ivan the Terrible. He used to celebrate here his name-day in August. In XVI-XVII centuries there develops a unique architectural ensemble, subordinated to the idea of ceremonial royal residence, which is of great artistic and historical value. The heyday of Kolomenskoye is associated with the reign of Alexey Mikhailovich - Kolomenskoye was his favorite residence also. In 1667-1668 a magnificent wooden palace (the Eighth Wonder of the World) which had 250 rooms, was erected. The complex of the royal buildings was surrounded by the wall with three gates: Front, Back and Garden.
The future Empress Elizabeth Petrovna was born in the palace in 1709, and Tsar Peter the Great spent part of his youth here. Upon the departure of the court for St. Petersburg, the palace fell into disrepair, so that Catherine II refused to make it her Moscow residence. On her orders the wooden palace was demolished in 1768, and replaced with a much more modest stone-and-brick structure.
Fortunately, detailed plans of the 17th century palace survived and Moscow Government has completed a full-scale reconstruction in 2010.